Monday, 26 September 2016

Submission

Well it's been a while since I've had the opportunity to enjoy this feeling, but this morning I have finally submitted a short story for consideration and am enjoying the resulting buzz. It's not one that I've entered into a competition but one for an anthology with an open call for submissions. I used to really have confidence that my work was up to scratch and would more often than not be accepted, but it's been a while now and whilst I don't think I've lost the ability to craft a good story, my confidence is somewhat eroded. Now I have the agonising wait to see if the editor likes my work which basically means checking my inbox every 5 minutes when really I should be working.

So it's a start and having just checked their website I see that as usual they've got quite a few open call submissions and I will spend some more time today looking to see if there are any more anthologies which I could write for. I really want to strike while the iron is hot and get several bits of work out there at the same time. Then hopefully I will have the confidence to start working on the novels again as unbelievably NaNoWrMo is nearly upon us again and it looks like I'm going to be dependent on that to get my main novel moving along.

More news as I get it folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment