Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Scans, hospitals and connecting with readers

Firstly, a quick welcome and hello to the handful of my new followers on Twitter, glad to have you along. I've been trying to knuckle down and actually get on with some writing over the last week or so and have been remiss in my tweeting as a consequence, so apologies all round. It's a difficult balance trying to find time to plan, write, and update social media and one I'm struggling to make. Some people are prolific tweeters and I often find myself wondering how they have the time to indulge themselves so - pretty sure that even if I did have the time I wouldn't be generating as many tweets as some people find it necessary to do. Each to their own I suppose.

The same is true of Facebook and something I feel I must redress. I'm not so bothered about my personal page, but I really do need to get into the habit of updating my Author Page on a regular basis. This is one of the main ways that your readers keep in touch with you and somewhere they go to read about what you're currently working on and if you're not updating this on a regular basis, then you risk losing readers or potential readers.

I'm not even going to mention my Blog as regular visitors will know that posts have dwindled to about once every 10 days lately and this is something I must consider... again.

Several short stories are starting to grow in my note pad. None of them is formed enough yet for me to feel confident enough to start expanding it on the computer, but we're getting there. The novels unfortunately are still languishing around the 30 000 word mark and are covered in virtual dust. Still think that my best policy after such a long time away from writing regularly is to get a couple of short stories under my belt and then revisit one or both of my novels.

As I think I said in my last post, ideas are not the problem, these are coming thick and fast, but it's actually sitting down and developing them that is proving tricky.

Away from writing I've been seeing an awful lot of medical people recently. Lost count of how many times I've had to go to the GP's - enough that they now recognise me and address me by name and enough that my postman now asks whether he should deliver my post to the surgery. Cheeky git!

Also had a brain scan again last week and now waiting to see the doctor to discuss the way forward. Hopefully their scan found a brain, though I suspect if they did it was somewhat rusty and flabby. Back at hospital again tomorrow for more tests this time to do with my ears which may or may not be linked to my head issues.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment