Sunday, 17 April 2016

Another one bites the waste paper bin

Disappointed to wake up this morning and find that I didn't make the long list in the M J Meads writing competition - had a good feeling about that one - but nothing I can do about it except dust myself down and move onto the next one.

I've spent the morning trawling the internet for new competitions and have updated my spreadsheet accordingly. As I mentioned in an earlier posting, many competitions now insist on a ridiculously high entry fee, sometimes for a modest prize allocation, so the number of competitions available to enter has dwindled significantly, though there are still some out there. I've identified 2 or 3 new ones which I'd like to write for, all of which have end of May closing dates so I've got to get my skates on as they are all going to require new material as I don't have anything suitable sitting around which I could recycle.

As for competitions already entered, well there's one that if I haven't heard by the end of the month then I've not won or come second although I could have made the short list - that i won't know for 2 or 3 months - it's the way they work. There's also another competition that promises to announce its winners by the end of this month so fingers crossed for that one I guess.

In the meantime it's back to writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment